Thursday, September 21, 2017

Fantastic Fest Updates





Greetings from Austin!  I’m attending the week + long Fantastic Fest for the first time, so I’m doing things a little differently this week and next week.  With the massive amount of movie consumption, I’ll be writing up little pieces on my favorite each day.  That is, unless I’m destroyed after a full day of movies.  I’ll get something in sometime.

Let me apologize right now for the spelling.  I’m away from my lovely editor wife, so my posts are going to be a little on the raw side.  Spelling is not my strong suit.  I don’t have problems with the big words, like unscrupulous or verisimilitude (both of which I just misspelled), because spellcheck highlights them.  The ones I have a hard time with are words like “words”, because I will spell it “works” and spellcheck sees no problem with that.  I’m also terrible about leaving out words, most likely when I’m setting up a joke I’m particularly proud of.  

Sorry, I’m dyslexic.  But, for real.  My brain rearranges letters as I type, then is nice enough to autocorrect as I read over it.  I’ll look over a piece three times and think it is great, my wife will look at it and ask “did you have a concussion when you wrote this?”  [Kidding, she is a love].

Plus, I’m writing this while very distracted, so it’s going to be great.  

Admittedly, this may be a terrible experiment.  At worst, everything will be back to normal after a couple of Fridays.  But at best, it could be mildly interesting.  

Enjoy!

C Chaka

No comments:

Post a Comment