Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Schizocinema, Live from Fantastic Fest ‘18



Hi there!  Regular reader will notice that I have not been very regular with the Schizocinema posts lately.  First of all, sorry.  It’s not from lack of interest.  This has been my roughest summer on record, particularly then end.  Two separate, life threatening hospital stays knocked me off my game, to say the least.  The incidents did not affect me directly, but the people who I love most in this world, which is even worse.  The good news is that everyone escaped only slightly worse for wear and we are 100% again.  

Ironically, another factor keeping me from writing was writing, only in a different place.  My occasional submission to the totally keen movie site, VHS Revival, has grown to the point where I could reasonably be called a contributor.  In addition to my initial ramblings about customizing franchises to your needs and having bloody fun at Christmas time, I wrote a series on the four (and only four) films of legendary badass, Bruce Lee, THE BIG BOSS, FIST OF FURY, WAY OF THE DRAGON, and ENTER THE DRAGON.  My last bit was on how to remake it right with NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (90).  Those articles are a little more refined and much less cussy that my Schizocinema rants, but my weird obsessions and questionable takes still shine through.  I invite you to check them out, if you haven’t yet.  And then stick around, because vhsrevival.com is packed with a ridiculous amount of top notch content.  Their output puts mine to shame, even before I dropped off the planet for a bit.  Trust me, you’ll dig it.

For those looking for classic Schizo babble, they will return with a close to normal regularity, though not just yet.  See, I’m writing this while high in the sky, jetting my way to Austin, TX for another plunge into the crazed movie whirlpool of Fantastic Fest!  Seven straight days of movies hard packed into my eyeballs.  I’ll be updating as much as I’m able, both here and on twitter (my handle being @chris_chaka).  Hopefully I can capture a little bit of the madness, exhaustion, and sleep deprivation the week brings.  Things will return to normal after a couple of weeks, but for now, enjoy these upcoming Schizo-minisodes.
C Chaka

Image result for a clockwork orange
Cautionary note:  As I mentioned the last go round, I am a terrible fucking speller, and dyslexic to boot, so without the aid of my lovely editor wife, this shit is going to be sloppy as hell.  Apologies all the way round.

No comments:

Post a Comment