Friday, August 11, 2017

Retro Schizocinema: The Woods Edition

Hello Faithful or Semi-Faithful Readers,

I have just returned from a camping expedition to the deep, dark forest where I successfully avoided being killed for an entire week!  There were some dicey moments, but none of them had to do with a crazed killer or ferocious animal (unless you count our overly enthusiastic dog).  My plan was to write up something on location, but apparently the point of a family vacation is to actually spend time with your family, so I took my first break from weekly Schizocinema posts in over a year to just have fun with my lovely wife and awesome kids.  Plus, I was afraid my lovely wife would throw my phone into the river.

Incidentally, I can't believe no one has made a horror movie were a guy checking Twitter wanders straight into the killer's cabin without noticing.  It would be completely believable.  If someone has already, please let me know on Twitter.

Those looking for new material will be rewarded (?) next Friday with a regularly scheduled post, but to tide you over, take the opportunity to skinny dip into the archives for a classic batch of Killed in the Woods pieces.  There might be something here you missed.

THE BURNING

GRIZZLY

DON'T GO IN THE WOODS


EVIL DEAD

RAVENOUS (okay, I'm stretching on that one) 

CANNIBAL TERROR (really stretching, but it's mostly in the woods)

EXISTS 

And yes, I recognize that it would have been a great idea to do this retro idea last week and lead up to a brand new post of EXISTS today, but total lack of planning and forethought is part of my charm. 

Until next time, enjoy the great outdoors.


C Chaka

No comments:

Post a Comment